Monday, December 13, 2010

Blog #9

Being able to analyze texts is very important.  I would say that since the beginning of the class I have definitley gotten better at it.  I had a lot of difficulty at first with the TS/CD's, but at the semester progressed I almost got the hang of them. It may have taken the entire four months, but I got it eventually.

I got a lot better at using the computer to do research.  Especially using the waubonsee library online.  I still have no idea how to find actual books in the library or how to cite them.  That is something I wish they would teach better.  I got the tour in my 101 class, but obviously it didn't do anything if I still don't know how to use it.

Finding good, credible sources was something that I came a long way on.  I realized that wikipedia is a bad source, unfortunately, and that just googling a topic usually doesn't give you very good results.  Figuring out how to use all the reference in the online library was helpful because those for the most part give you very credible information.

I realize how important it is to be a good writer, even though I don't especially care for it.  No matter what career I end up in, the odds are that I will need to do some type of writing.  It's good to know the different ways to write and different ways to present your information to different audiences.  It will help a lot in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment