Monday, December 13, 2010

Blog #8

My research paper is going well.  I'm writing on why it's better to buy a dog from a breeder or an animal shelter as opposed to going to a pet store.  It is an interesting twist for me because, well, I work at Petland.  So yes, my job is selling puppies.  In a sense it is making this paper a little difficult.  It's hard for me to write against what I do five to six days a week.  Especially because I love my job.  It's also strange because I spend 40 hours a week trying to convince people that they should buy a dog from me, and then I'm writing six pages on why they shouldn't. It's a nice change of pace though.

The other difficulty I'm running into is finding sources that are valid.  Most of the websites start out saying "every dog from a petstore is from a puppy mill and is sick".  Unless that person has been to every pet store in the world, they're full of it.

The easiest part of this paper, is the fact that I already know so much on this topic.  I hear the complaints and both sides of the story everyday, so I can just incorporate those into my paper.  All of the information is very familiar which really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment