Monday, December 13, 2010

Blog #10

Well, the first thing I would say that I learned is how to cite.  Obviously I already knew the basics of citing, but I never really realized how often it's necessary.  I never used to cite things if I reworded the information but now I've realized that is very important. That is definitley something I'll take with me, especially once I transfer to a university.  I also found out how bad wikipedia is.  I'm incredibly upset by that, because I love wiki.  But I guess, I'll have to leave that one behind :(

One of the things that helped me a lot this semester, was writing so many different types of papers.  Although I hated writing them, it will help me a lot later just from having the experience.  In highschool and even 101, most of the papers are generally the same thing.  You always have one research paper but the rest are just why you should or shouldn't do something.  The more variety that I learn now, the less that will surprise me when I get older.  And I don't like surprises.

My biggest wish as a writer, is just to be better and more comfortable with it.  I don't like my writing so I don't like to have people edit it.  I don't even like to re-read it.  I know it's bad and something I need to overcome. Hopefully as I go further in my education it's something that will fix itself.  I'm seriously thankful you didn't make us read our actual papers out loud.  Thanks for that :)

Overall, I would say that I learned quite a bit in this class.  I don't know if I'm in the position to say if my writing has come along or not, but I know that it definitley is more correct (with contractions and citing and so forth).  I enjoyed this class, and in a sense, will miss it next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment