Monday, October 11, 2010

blog #2

Writing the in-class diagnostic essay was pretty difficult for me.  There were a few reasons behind this, A. it was the first paper that I had written in four months. B. It's difficult for me to write on the spot. and C. I have a hard time writing papers on subjects that I have no passion for.
    If I could write this paper over again, I would probably try to brainstorm a little better.  Once I decided on what side of the argument that I was going to take I just jumped right in.  If I would have taken more time to think out the paper it would have taken me less time overall because I wouldn't have gotten stuck after two paragraphs.
    I enjoy writing as long as I like what i'm writing about.  I'm not the kind of person who can sit down and just write pages and pages on anything.  When I do write on a topic that I like, I'm usually a pretty good writer and get very involved in my writing.  The kind of writing that I like is usually free writes or topics that have very loose guidelines.  I'm not very good at structured writing and I usually get frustrated and lose my train of thought easily.  If I can't get emotionally attached to my writing, it isn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment